A quick word about how to worship from a distance.
A note about this Online Service: Worshipping online like this will probably be awkward. It will be challenging. It won't feel the same or look exactly the same. But it will allow us to gather as God's people to worship Him and receive His Grace and Mercy!
With that in mind I want to encourage you to do a couple of things to make the most of this way of worship...
- Set aside a special time where you are dedicated to worship. Don't just multitask your way through this.
- Say a prayer before your time of worship that God would use this time through the Holy Spirit to strengthen and encourage your faith in Jesus.
- Participate don't just listen! Worship is something we do together. In your homes, this may be awkward and uncomfortable, but remember when we gather together we speak the liturgy together, we pray our prayers together, we sing together, and we hear God's Word together. So in your homes try to do the same thing! Pray. Sing. Speak. Hear. Yes, at first it will be odd. It will be a little confusing. But we can do this together.
- Remember that this is the Lord's time and He promises to be with us! Hold fast to His Word and promises because they are for you!
- As a final encouragement, PLEASE share the link to our online worship service with others as an opportunity for them to join us in worship!
- If you wish to download the bulletin (and announcements and prayer sheet for weekend services), click here.
Last Week in the Church Year
November 22, 2020
Note: To make this video easy to read and follow along with, try to make the video full screen on your phone, tablet or TV.
Ways to give:
1. Mail in your offering check to the church office at: St. Paul’s Lutheran Church and School 1780 Career Center Road, Bourbonnais, IL 60914.
2. You can give online. You can go to our website.
3. You can text-to-give. Text your amount to 815-205-1213. Just click on the link and follow the directions.
Serving in God's House Today:
Preacher: Rev. Michael Hanel
Liturgist: Rev. Michael Hanel
Organist: Nadine Engel
Worship Service: Rev. Michael Hanel
Audio/Video Production: Rev. Michael Hanel
Audio Production/Editing: Matt Callan
[Legal Stuff: Divine Service, Setting Four from Lutheran Service Book © 2006 Concordia Publishing House. Reprinted with permission. Scripture quotations taken from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society®. Used by permission. Created by Lutheran Service Builder © 2006 Concordia Publishing House. LSB738 - Lord of All Hopefulness: Text (sts. 1–4): © Oxford University Press Used by permission: LSB Hymn License .NET, number 100012920. LSB845 - Where Charity and Love Prevail: © 1960 World Library Publications. Used by permission: LSB Hymn License .NET, no. 100012920; LSB735 - Have No Fear, Little Flock: Text (sts. 1–4) and Tune: © 1973 Concordia Publishing House Used by permission: LSB Hymn License .NET, number 100012920.]